The Santa Ynez Arabian Gelding Futurity is an Auction of Purebred Arabian Yearling Geldings and subsequent Futurity Classes for the nominated Geldings as Yearlings, Two Year Olds and Three Year Olds to be held at The Arabian Foal Festival for Amateur Handlers. Futurity Payouts to the Breeders and New Owners!
- Purebred Arabian Geldings – Registered with the Arabian Horse Association
- Only Purebred Arabian Geldings bred in the Santa Ynez Valley may be nominated to the Santa Ynez Futurity & Auction (within a 50 mile radius of Santa Ynez, CA)
- Geldings must be One Year of age to be nominated to the Auction – Foaling Date in 2015.
- Yearling Geldings may not have been shown as foals or yearlings except at the previous years, Arabian Foal Festival.
- Vet Certificate for a clean bill of health and vaccination record – 10 days prior to the sale.
- Breeder/Owner must sign the SYVAHA Auction Terms & Conditions and SYF Nomination Form.
- Photo (due 4/11/16), Video (due 5/1/16) & 100 Word or Less Description (due 4/11/16) of Nominated Gelding is required and not part of the Nomination Fee.
Nomination to the Auction
- Nominations are made by the Breeder/Owner and due by March 31, 2016 for the May 17 – 22, 2016 Auction to be held here on the Santa Ynez Valley Arabian Horse Association Website www.SYVAHA.com. The Santa Ynez Futurity Board reserves the right to refuse any horse that does not meet the above requirements. The cost to nominate a gelding is as follows:
$1,500 per gelding if nominating 1 to 2 geldings – $2,000 per gelding if nominating 3 to 4 geldings
$2,500 per gelding if nominating 5 to 6 geldings – $3,000 per gelding if nominating 7 and over geldings
Payout for The Santa Ynez Futurity (SYF) will come from two sources:
1. Nomination Fees of the Geldings to the Auction
2. Sale Price of the Geldings at the Auction
All funds collected by the SYF & Auction will remain within the futurity program. The 2016 funds will be dispersed as
follows: 20% Administrative Fee – 80% will be awarded over the course of the geldings show career until age Three.
Futurity Winnings will be awarded to the Registered Owner (purchased from the Auction) of the Futurity Gelding and the
Breeder of the Gelding.
Payout Percentage Breakdown
20% SYF Yearling Halter – Gelding Owners
SYF Yearling Halter – Breeder – 10% of the Winnings
30% SYF Two Year Old Trail Class SYF Two Year Old Trail Class – Gelding Owners
Two Year Old Trail Class – Breeder – 10% of the Winnings
30% SYF Three Year Old Performance Futurity – Gelding Owners
SYF Three Year Old Performance Futurity – Breeder – 10% of the Winnings
The Santa Ynez Futurity will be Amateur to Handle (ATH) Classes. They will be conducted and judged in the same manner as the other classes at The Arabian Foal Festival or subsequent show or competition. Each Gelding purchased at the SYF Auction will be eligible to show at The Arabian Foal Festival or subsequent show or competition as a Yearling, Two Year Old and Three Year Old. At the point of purchase the Gelding is eligible to compete in the Futurity at The Arabian Foal Festival or another show or competition to be chosen by the SYVAHA Board. The SYV Arabian Gelding Futurity & Auction will be conducted yearly. The SYF & AFF Board & SYVAHA reserves the right to change the time and place of the auction as well as the time and place of The Arabian Foal Festival or subsequent show or competition. In all cases, the successful Auction bidder will retain their nomination right as long as the auction purchase bid for the gelding is paid in full to the SYVAHA Auction. Change of Ownership: The Futurity right stays with the Registered Gelding. To compete for prize money the Owner and Handler must be a member of the Santa Ynez Valley Arabian Horse Association. Withdrawal Rights: the SYF Board & SYVAHA reserves the right to withdraw any horse from the sale without liability to anyone. The original names of the Geldings may not be changed.